Here comes Peter Cottontail hoppin’ down the bunny trail hippity hoppin’, Easter’s on its way.
This Sunday April 16th the Easter bunny is coming for a visit and there are many eggcellent activities in West Lafayette and Lafayette you can do to celebrate.
1. Visit the Easter Bunny
Get your beautiful family picture with the Easter Bunny this year. Hopefully your kids will not be afraid of it (unlike me as a child).
- The Easter Bunny is at Tippecanoe mall until April 15th to take pictures with anyone and everyone who stands in line. You can check out times the bunny will be there online at Tippecanoe Mall’s website.
2. Easter Egg Hunts
Easter egg hunts are a staple of every Easter. Kids look forward to this event all year and won’t be disappointed with some of the ones here in Lafayette.
- Eggstravaganza at First Assembly
- This Saturday 4/15 from 9am to 1:30pm, the First Assembly Community Ministries is putting on multiple egg hunts and entertainment shows for children ages 3-12. The event is free to the public but if you would like to go to one of the entertainment shows which are at 9:30 and 10:30 am, you have to register at Eventbrite to reserve your spot. There will be over 60,000 eggs for you to find as well as a Skydiving Easter bunny and petting zoo.
- Crestview’s Annual Easter Celebration and Egg Hunt
- Crestview Community Church will be hosting an egg hunt from 1pm to 3pm this Saturday. There will be crafts and prizes. The event is free and open to families with kids up to 11 years old.
- Eggstravaganza Connection Point Church
- This free egg hunt will have 20,000 eggs for kids ages 12 and under to find as well as food, games and prizes. Oh, and don’t forget the Boilermaker Special which will make a surprise appearance at the event which is from 1pm – 4pm on Saturday.
- Easter Egg Hunt in Indianapolis
- At Indianapolis World Sports Park there will be a Easter egg hunt on Saturday 4/15 from 9:30am to 10am. It is open to kids 2-11 years old and is $5 per child. You must pre-register for the event and you can do so here. There are a limited amount of spaces available so book quickly!
There are some more egg hunts in Indianapolis that you can check out here.
3. Easter Sunday Brunch
Easter is a great time to get together with family and celebrate and what better way to do that than with brunch.
- Easter Breakfast and Celebration
- On Easter Sunday you and your family can get a free brunch at Grace Lutheran Church. They will have a 7am Sunrise service followed by breakfast which is complete with eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, fruit and pastries. After there is storytime and crafts and finally around 10:45am there will be a small indoor Easter egg hunt.
- There are plenty of other restaurants in Lafayette Indiana to have a great Easter breakfast. Here is a list of open restaurants that you can try. There is also a list of great places to have brunch around the area.
4. Easter movie
Don’t forget to watch an Easter movie this weekend. There are a few good ones to pick from and my favorites are:
- Hop is a newer movie that tells the tale of a bunny that wants to leave home (Easter Island) and follow his dreams. This is also a cute movie and is family friendly as well, receiving a PG rating.
- Peter Cottontail
- Peter Cottontail is my favorite Easter movie. It is a classic movie that has some catchy tunes and is very family friendly. You can watch it free online on YouTube.
I hope everyone has a relaxing and fun weekend and remember hippity hoppin’ Easter’s on its way.