With the 8th week of classes about to start comes every student’s favorite thing, midterms.
Midterms are the dreaded tests that happen in the middle of the semester and cover all seven weeks of material that the class has taught thus far. So, if you haven’t been paying attention in class this might be a time of high stress for you.
To help you cope with your stress and in the hopes of making you laugh (because laughing lowers your stress levels), I have found seven fun facts to help you get through a weeks worth of midterms.
- When hippos are upset, their sweat turns read.
Yes, the red you see is sweat, not a sunburn.
2. Billy goats urinate on their own heads so that they smell more attractive to females.
You can click here to see this lovely act of affection in action
3. If you consistently fart for 6 years & 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb!
I just found this one to be extremely funny…and also wonder why someone wanted to figure this out.
4. You cannot snore and dream at the same time.
So if you were hoping to dream of being on Spring Break, you should keep this in mind when you’re falling asleep on your textbooks.
5. The French language has seventeen different words for ‘surrender’.
Maybe you can use one of these during your exam.
6. Pirates wore earrings because they believed it improved their eyesight
“Some pirates were convinced that wearing an earring would improve or even cure bad eyesight, as they believed that the precious metals in an earring possessed magical healing powers.” –Live Science. I think we could all use some magic earrings right about now.
7. The Bible is the most shoplifted book in the world.
As the Ten Commandments says, “Thou shalt not steal.” Well…that’s ironic.
Since I am no expert on studying, I found an article that shares some tips and tricks to getting you through your exams.
So when you’re studying just remember, Spring Break is in two weeks and banging your head against the wall burns 150 calories an hour.